What the service does is give consumers the opportunity to pay for things online without having to use their credit, debit or prepaid cards, or enter in other sensitive information like their banking account and routing numbers. When you use POLi you instead pay directly from your bank account. You’ll choose that as an option wherever you’re shopping or playing blackjack online, they’ll redirect you to your bank where you’ll choose what account to pay out of and then hit submit. The payment will then be made and you’ll be able to print off a receipt.
In addition to security and privacy, POLi lets merchants know that the payment was made (instantly). In turn that means you shouldn’t have to wait to play blackjack. Your funds should be available right away.
So with that all in mind, the purpose of this page is simple– we want to explain POLi in more detail. Below we show you what blackjack casinos accept POLi, what banks you need to have accounts with to use this service, how to use the service and the pros and cons.
Casinos and Software Providers That Accept POLi
Here are the top blackjack casinos and software providers that accept POLi.
One thing to keep in mind is that some casinos will ask that you make your payment first to Skrill, which will then go to the casino. So if you don’t see a casino that you like you might consider just funding a Skrill account and using them instead.
How to Get Started with Poli
The only requirement to using POLi is that you have an account at one of the following banks:
- Suncorp Bank
- Bank of Melbourne
- St. George Bank
- Bank of Queensland
- Bendigo Bank
- Bank of New Zealand
- TSB Bank
If you don’t have an account at one of these banks, you’ll need to set one up.
Other than that, there’s nothing to set-up with POLi. That’s one of the perks; everything is done from your account. There’s no need to create additional accounts, keep track of passwords or fund e-wallets.
That said, like GiroPay and iDeal, some casinos will initially redirect you to Skrill to make the payment from your bank account. If that’s the case you’ll want to create an account at Skrill before getting started. To do that you’ll need to give them your name, email, address, phone number, DOB and password. Then you’ll need to confirm your account.
From there you should be set to make a deposit to the blackjack casino of your choice.
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals Using POLi
Making a deposit will be simple. You’ll need to visit the cashier, choose POLi (or POLi and Skrill) and then you’ll be redirected to Skrill’s website, then to your bank. You’ll then go through the (normal) process of making a purchase with POLi — choosing the account to pay out of and confirming the payment. Once done the funds should clear and be available to you instantly.
Unfortunately, POLi isn’t available for withdrawals. So you’ll want to use Skrill to withdraw your winnings, or choose one of the casino’s other options. You’ll have multiple options including credit card, bank wire, paper check, e-wallet, etc.
You’re not charged any fees for making a deposit with POLi. However, you might have to pay fees depending on the method you use to make a withdrawal. In a worse case scenario you might have to pay $25-$35 for a bank wire.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Here are some advantages and disadvantages to using POLi. We thought that listing them would be helpful in deciding whether or not you’d like to use POLi to make your deposits.
- POLi eliminates the need for a credit or debit card. This is great if you don’t have one, or you’re uncomfortable with using it online.
- Fast payment. The payment made to the merchant (online casino) is instant. So you don’t have to wait for your funds to clear to play blackjack.
- Widely accepted. POLi is accepted at most (if not all casinos) that I’ve come across that accept Australian players.
- There’s no fees to using POLi to make a deposit. Depending on the option you choose to make your withdrawals, you might not have to pay any fees there either.
- You need to sign up for Skrill. At least in most cases. This offsets one of the benefits to using POLi in the first place, which is not having to manage multiple accounts. You may not have to “manage” your Skrill account, but you still need to create it, remember how to log-in and you may even have to use it to withdrawal your winnings.
- POLi is a deposit-only method. You’ll have to find a second banking method for withdrawals.
- Lack of privacy. Anyone that has access to your bank account, which includes your bank and maybe a spouse or family member, will know that you’re gambling online.