Blackberry Blackjack Apps
Blackberry users are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The rock, or rocks, being iOS and Android users, and the hard place being Windows. Meaning, Blackberry users have some options for real money mobile blackjack, but not as much as you and I would like.
That said, this appears to be changing. Just a few months ago I couldn’t find a legit option for Blackberry users. Now there seems to be a handful. So you will have a couple of options to get started with. Read this page to learn how to find the best ones, as well as how to get started once you do.
Blackberry Blackjack – How to Find the Best Casinos
Since there are fewer casinos for Blackberry blackjack users compared to Android and iOS, but more than Windows, the best casinos are going to be different. Here’s what I think makes the best casino for Blackberry players.
- Apps over optimized Flash casinos. Right now I see more mobile-optimized (Flash) casinos. These work, but these sorts of platforms are optimized for multiple devices, not just Blackberrys. However, an app would be created solely for the Blackberry, therefore it would be seamless in it’s graphics and game play.
- Mobile bonuses. Some casinos offer a bonus specifically for mobile users. All casinos should offer them, though, and specifically for blackjack players.
- US options. This is nearly non-existent at the moment.
This is in addition to all the basics; things like deposit options, security, integrity, etc. The only thing I wouldn’t complain too much about is the games. Yet. Since the options for Blackberry apps and websites are still few and far between, not to mention for US players, being picky will only do you more harm than good.
How to Play Blackjack on Blackberry Phones and Tablets
Playing blackjack on your Blackberry or Playbook is simple. Here are the different steps that you can (or will have to) take to get started.
- App – This is less likely to be the case since it’s for the Blackberry, but over time it might become the standard. You’ll want to visit App World to download the app, or visit the casino’s mobile page and download it there.
- QR Code – Another way to get the app is to visit the casino on your desktop and scan the QR code.
- Flash Casino – In many cases you’ll just play from the Flash casino. To do this you’ll want to visit the casino while on your phone or tablet and log-in. From here you’ll choose the game you want to play.
That’s all it takes to get started.
To make a deposit you’ll just need to find the deposit tab in the casino. Then choose your option, fill out the details and hit submit. With some casinos you might be asked to make the deposit from your desk or laptop computer. This is just a safety precaution.
Blackberry Mobile Blackjack – Costs and Privacy
There isn’t much of a cost to playing blackjack from your Blackberry. At least from an app or Flash casino perspective. Both the app and Flash casino should be free, and if it’s not you should skip the casino. They’re going to make money from you while you play their games. So there’s no reason to charge you.
However, beyond that your costs will be what you allocate towards your blackjack budget. It will also depend if you’re playing while on wi-fi or 3/4G access. Playing on anything but wi-fi will cost you money in terms of data. So I recommend being mindful of where you’re playing from, as well as try to play on wi-fi whenever possible, even in public. More and more businesses are offering free internet nowadays.
If you choose to go the app route (from App World) you’ll have the cost of the app, so from .99 to 5.99, assuming the app wasn’t free. The app might need to have access to the internet, too, which will cost you as well (in data). You can check the description before buying if that will be a problem, though.
For privacy, all blackjack casinos use similar technology to banks. They have encryption programs in place to protect your information and banking details. In addition to that I recommend changing your passwords regularly, and never saving your log-in information to your phone.
Alternatives for Blackberry Users
Blackjack apps or casinos may not be available to everyone, especially US players. If that’s you, I’m sorry, but there is an alternative.
What you can do instead is visit Blackberry World and download a play money blackjack app. A simple search for blackjack returns 95 options. Some are games, others are probability tools and others are card counting apps. Of the games I’ve found, you can play classic blackjack, super blackjack, blackjack tournaments and multi-player blackjack. It’s not for real money, I know, but it’s the best that some of you will get — at least for now.