The way Instadebit works is that you’ll set up an account or “wallet.” You’ll give Instadebit your banking information so that you can transfer money to your wallet. Then you’ll have funds available to shop anywhere online that accepts Instadebit as payment, which includes casinos, poker rooms and sports books.
The benefit to using Instadebit is that the payments made to merchants are instant, whether you have enough money in your wallet to cover the payment or not. For example, say you want to deposit $500 into your casino account, but only have $350 in your wallet. Instadebit will make the payment instantly and debit your bank account a few days later.
Instadebit is also available in 32 countries. Unfortunately, the US isn’t one of them and, in fact, Americans can’t even visit their website. International players will be able to access their site and use their service just fine, though. This page will serve as a guide to help those players learn more about Instadebit, including how to create an account, make a deposit and the pros and cons of using them as a deposit method.
Casinos and Software Providers That Accept Instadebit
Here are some of the top casinos and software providers that accept Instadebit.
- Blueprint Software
Be careful to trust what you read on other informational portals. Many of them will show you a list of casinos that accept Instadebit, and they’ll also tell you which ones accept US players. However, even if the casino accepts both US players and Instadebit as a payment method, US players will NOT be able to use that to make their payment.
How to Get Started with Instadebit
Before you can make a deposit to your casino using Instadebit you’ll first need to create and fund an account, if you haven’t done so already. That’s what this section will cover.
Creating an Instadebit account will be similar to creating a new email. Go to Instadebit and click sign up. You’ll be asked for your name, address, phone, email and date of birth. Once you submit that information Instadebit will send a confirmation email that you’ll need to open and click. That’s all there is to it.
From here you’ll want to fund your wallet. There are two ways to do that; one being the Fast Bank Transfer. This is available to all countries and will take 3-5 days to clear. You’ll be given a reference number so you can keep track of the progress. The second option is a Real-time Bank Transfer. Instadebit will connect to your bank and transfer the money in real time. It’ll be available to you within minutes. So far 19 out of 32 countries are able to use this option.
Instadebit does not accept any other option, including credit cards, to fund your wallet.
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals Using Instadebit
Making a deposit with Instadebit is simple. Just choose the option in the cashier, enter in your username and password, how much you want to deposit and click submit. The funds should be available instantly.
Withdrawals will work the same way, but they’ll take 2-5 days to hit your Instadebit account.
Instadebit’s fees will depend on your location. At least that’s what I gather from my research.
In Canada you’re charged $1 CAD whenever you make a payment to a merchant that comes from your bank account (due to insufficient funds in your Instadebit wallet). You’ll be charged $2 CAD for withdrawing funds to your bank account (from Instadebit).
This doesn’t appear to be the case everywhere. In a few locations that I checked, including the United Kingdom and France, there are a whole slew of companies that Instadebit apparently allows customers to withdraw to for free. So you’ll want to double check the FAQ and Fee section on Instadebit, or contact them, to confirm what fees you’ll be charged, if any.
Advantages and Disadvantages
There are advantages and disadvantages to using Instadebit. Lets look at those now.
- Private banking. Instadebit is a great way to keep your blackjack sessions to yourself. Unless someone has access to your accounts, they won’t know where you’re spending your money. It won’t show up in your bank statement either.
- Private and safe. Instadebit is a safe banking solution, and they keep your information private from the online casinos.
- Infrequent and small fees. The only fees you’re going to incur is making a deposit when there’s not enough money in your wallet and when you withdraw to your bank account. Both of these are easily avoidable — make sure you deposit enough to Instadebit, and try to use Instadebit for most of your online shopping so to avoid having to withdraw to your bank account.
- Instant payment. Your payment to the casino hits your account instantly, whether or not you have the funds available in your Instadebit account.
- Widely accepted / available. 30+ countries can use this to make payments online. And all the major online casinos accept Instadebit for payment.
- The Real-Time Bank Transfer isn’t available everywhere yet. This is an excellent option that more e-wallets should adopt.